- admittedly that looks wrong, but a 'z' would be American and Americans talk funny, and I can't abide a word that only lets one vowel in. Its just not politically correct these days.
- "He implies it" that makes it "implisit." duh.
- because two 'r's and two 'f's are better than one of each
- I can't believe I still get this one wrong: tragic.
- Tragic again
- Probably how Chaucer would have spelt it...
- the emotions experienced by an adult deer/dear/deir
- A name for a Southern American hill-billie, perhaps Heavie-Joe-Bob in full.. or the 8th dwarf who loves heaving things about
- Aliens from Doctor Who-- they are naughty and solemn
- not sure what I was thinking here. Continental pronunciation perhaps?
- Still baffled as to why spell-check says this is wrong
Friday, 11 May 2012
A list of words I can definitely spell except when I'm revising:
I've struggled at length with all of these words in the past week and thought it would be funny to make a list so that I can quantify scientifically how mushy my brain has become as a result of all this time spent with Shakespeare (and co):